This is an old family recipes from my Grandma Teghtmeyer. Too be honest, I’m not sure if she created the recipe or if it came from somewhere but it is a win all around. It makes a huge batch of cookies- I’d give you an exact number but I do a lot of dough eating so it would be inaccurate. Whoopsie! The cookies are DELICIOUS. Always. Even when you over cook them and they’re a little dry, still good. You can’t fail, I promise! And last but definitely not least, they’re oatmeal which means they’re basically breakfast. You’re welcome! 🙌
- 2 C. vegan margarine
- 2 C. brown sugar
- 3 1/2 C. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 C. uncooked rolled oats
- 1 C. coconut (optional)
- 1 C. boiling water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C. dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Start by creaming together margarine and brown sugar.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl and then mix in the rolled oats and coconut.
- Alternate between adding the boiling water and dry ingredients to the margarine and brown sugar mixture, stirring well.
- Add in vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into balls on a cookie tray while trying not to eat all of the dough, then flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- *It’s really easy to switch up this cookie by adding coconut ( I opt out as it’s not my favourite), or add walnuts and/ore pecans!*